Starkville Habitat for Humanity operates a thrift store as a Thursdays 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Fridays 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. , and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays. Located at 206 South Jackson Street( directly across Regions and Georgia Blue ) , the ReStore offers gently used home goods ( furniture , kitchenware, lighting , decorating items , appliances ,and building materials). All proceeds go toward the purchase of building materials for Habitat Homes in Oktibbeha County.
The ReStore inventory is made up of donated items. We have pick – up crew of volunteers that will pick up your donations at your home on Wednesday mornings. For larger items we recommend using our pick up service, but smaller items may be dropped off during store hours or during Habitat office hours ( Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. ). Please call us at 662 – 324-7008 before dropping off a donation. If you wish to schedule a pick up . A donation voucher is provided for tax purposes. The form to sign up for a pick – up is located on the next page. Be sure to review our rules regarding donations below to make sure we accept your donation! For online pick -ups the deadline is Monday at 11:30 a.m. , this still does not guarantee you a spot on the pick -up list. Please call the number above to confirm that you have been added to pick up list for this week .
Items we do NOT accept for donation:
- mattresses and box springs
- appliances over 20 years and/or not in good working order
- baby items/toys
- lumber with nails in it
- cultured marble countertops
Starkville Habitat for Humanity: Less than 30 minutes away
- Must have a t least 3 pieces of furniture
- Must include pictures of furniture of all online submissions.
- All pick up request online and over the phone must be approved by management before being added to the pick up list .
- The pick – up request may be down for any reason .
Starkville Habitat for Humanity: Reasons for denying donations
- Pick-Up request is to far away.
- Pick-Up request does not have enough furniture in good condition.
- The store is full and we cannot accept more at this time.
- Pick-Up request only has boxes of home goods and mis items, no furniture.
- The Pick-Up request may be turned down by management.
- The team of volunteers is not available or unable to perform the pick-up request.
- Donator was not honest about the entirety of the donation.