Starkville Habitat for Humanity operates the ReStore thrift store Thursday-Saturdays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Located at 206 South Jackson Street (directly across from Georgia Blue), the ReStore offers gently used home goods (furniture, kitchenware, lighting, decorating items, appliances, and building materials). The ReStore is a fundraising vehicle for Starkville Habitat and profits go toward the purchase of building materials for Habitat Homes in Oktibbeha County.
The ReStore inventory is made up of donated items. We have pick – up crew of volunteers that will pick up your donations at your home on Wednesday mornings. For larger items we recommend using our pickup service, but smaller items may be dropped off during store hours or during Habitat office hours (Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., please call the office at 662 – 324-7008 ext. 2 to let us know you are here). If you wish to schedule a pickup fill our online donation form or contact us at 662-324-7008 ext. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our pick-up days are on Wednesday and generally take place (8:00 am – 12:00 p.m.) Pickups can be done on other days by request if we have adequate personnel available. A donation voucher for tax purposes can provided on request. The form to sign up for a pick – up is located on the next page. Be sure to review our rules regarding donations below to make sure we accept your donation! The deadline to make it on the pickup list for the week is Monday at 11:30 a.m.; however, this still does not guarantee you a spot on the pick -up list.
Items we do NOT accept for donation:
- mattresses and box springs
- appliances over 20 years and/or not in good working order
- baby items/toys
- lumber with nails in it
- cultured marble countertops
- Sleeper Sofas( aka: Sofa beds)
Starkville Habitat for Humanity: Less than 30 minutes away
- Must have a t least 3 pieces of furniture
- Must include pictures of furniture of all online submissions.
- All pick up request online and over the phone must be approved by management before being added to the pick up list .
- The pickup request may be turned down for any reason.
Starkville Habitat for Humanity: Reasons for denying donations
- Pick-Up request is to far away.
- Pick-Up request does not have enough furniture in good condition.
- The store is full and we cannot accept more at this time.
- Pick-Up request only has boxes of home goods and mis items, no furniture.
- The Pick-Up request may be turned down by management.
- The team of volunteers is not available or unable to perform the pick-up request.
- Donator was not honest about the entirety of the donation.