**Until further notice, Starkville Habitat will NOT be taking applications. Please read below for an explanation.**
If you have ever dreamed of owning your own home, Starkville Area Habitat for Humanity may be able to help.
All applicants must be:
- Low to moderate income
- Need a better place to live
- Have enough income to make a house payment
- Willing to work hard to make a better life for themselves and their family
- Oktibbeha County residents for one year
Starkville Area Habitat for Humanity is a Christian mission dedicated to ending substandard housing in Oktibbeha County, Mississippi, and continues to strive to help people in need of a better place to live. This past year, 2020, has been challenging in our efforts to fulfill housing builds through Starkville Area Habitat for Humanity Home Partnership Program with the six families that were selected prior to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Starkville Area Habitat for Humanity Home Partnership Program applications are being placed on hold indefinitely. When we do accept applications, it will be for the home to be built in the fall of 2023. A family selection committee will review the applications and select a few to interview. Although everyone deserves a decent place to live, we can only build two or three homes each year, and we typically receive more than fifty applications.
All habitat partners are required to:
- Take three life improvement classes
- Contribute 300 hours of “sweat equity” towards the construction of your house
- Repay a 20 year mortgage
- Submit to a credit check including employment and criminal background checks